Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Dinner for one

I have a lot of recipes to catch up on. It has been a really busy couple of weeks, with work, travel, football, fantasy football (if you can't beat them, join them...) and life in general. I don't have much time now, but I do want to share my favorite dinner for one recipe. This is generally a female favorite.

We received the best red plums in our CSA this month; sadly it was just one week, but they were delicious. On one of my evenings at home alone, I made this salad. Blue cheese or Gorgonzola would have made it perfect, but all I had was Parmesan. Next time...

Plum, Walnut & Mixed Greens w/Balsamic Vinaigrette
Place mixed greens on plate. Slice one ripe, red plum over greens.
Sprinkle small handfull (about 4 whole) of broken walnut pieces over plums.
Garnish with cracked black pepper and Parmesan cheese.

Vinaigrette
2 T. balsamic vinegar
4 T. olive oil
1/2 shallot, finely minced
1 t. brown sugar
Whisk ingredients until emulsified.

Dress salad. Eat.
**** Taste
* Difficulty

No comments: